Welcome to the third generation of the Oboe Brilliance, oboe coaching blogs which are posted most Mondays. Generation 3 is designed for both students to enhance their study and oboe teachers to use within their lessons.
Smooth colorful slurs, lesson # 2, is a continuation of lesson # 1. Please apply what was covered last week.
With practice, conscious effort, and a few know hows, beautiful slurring is possible to achieve both ascending and descending.
1) With one breath, sing DO for 4 seconds and slur to RE for 4 seconds.
2) Now hear that in you imagination.
4) Now play that on your oboe - DO and RE can be either fixed and/or moveable solfége - it's up to you.
5) With one breath, sing DO for 2 seconds, RE for 2 seconds and then back to DO for 2 seconds.
6) Now hear that in your imagination.
8) Now play that on your oboe.
using the above pattern - practice this descending with DO, TI, DO
As always - use superb diaphragmatic support with conscious air stream direction.
Happy oboe playing.
Best wishes for a lovely week.
If any questions feel free to email me.
Oboe Coaching is available via SKYPE to study the Oboe Brilliance methods of playing and teaching as well as the oboe music I've composed. HAVE FUN.